NOTE: Newly enacted laws by the state of Pennsylvania have changed the risk management process for ALL referees, even those under the age of 14.
Required clearances are as follows:
For those who have lived within PA for more than ten years:
PA State Police Criminal Record Check Online Form ($10.00): Click Here
PA Child Abuse History Clearance Online Form ($10.00): Click Here
Volunteer Qualification Affidavit (PDF): Click Here
For those who have lived within PA for less than ten years:
The above three clearances plus the following clearance.
FBI Criminal History Report Online Pay Portal ($27.50): Click Here
***All individuals must upload the required documents into the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System***
How To Receive Approval - PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System
Step 1 - Obtain the required clearance documents from the appropriate agencies.
Step 2 - Upload the required documents into the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System (see instruction below)
PA West Soccer coaches, referees, and volunteers are required to comply with the Child Protective Services law. Please upload copies of your required documents into your record in the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System. Using this system you'll create an application and upload your documents into your admin record. You'll use your current login info if you have an account in our online registration system; if you don't have an account you'll need to create one.
***Instructions for using the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System and uploading require clearance documents***
1) Click the link to PA West Soccer Risk Management System found on the Risk Management Page via either the Coach or Referee dropdown.
2) Login to the Affinity web site
3) You’ll land on “My Account” page…click ‘create registration’.
4) You will now be in the Risk Management portal…on this page you can only select ‘Spring 2020’ and click ‘continue’.
5) On “Account Primary Contact” page click ‘continue’.
6) On the “Register for Fall 2016-2017” page click ‘register as coach/admin’…
a. in pop-up select ‘background check’ and system will advance automatically
b. pop-up reveals your admin record and right below you birth date click on the ‘click to upload photo and documents’ link.
c. Click on each icon, then the ‘browse your computer’ button to find doc and upload…once all three are uploaded…scroll to bottom of the pop-up box and click ‘save’.
7) You’ll return to the “Register for Spring 2020” page…click ‘continue’.
8) On the “Accept ELA” page…there is no ELA…click ‘agree and continue’.
9) On the “Make Payment” page…there is no fee…simply click ‘No Payment Due, Continue’ button. This will create your order for a background check so PA West Soccer is aware your documents are ready for review and approval.
10) On the “Print Form” page you can print a receipt…and click ‘Log out and Back to…’ button.